Why is Spring the best time to clean your carpets?
The days are getting longer and the daffodils are blooming, which can mean only one thing. It’s time to spring clean your home and most importantly, your carpets! After a winter full of muddy boots, dark nights and accidental spills, your carpets may need some TLC and a deep clean to get them looking their best.
Removing winter mess
Along with the wet and frost of winter comes mud and dirt carried in from shoes, which may be more noticeable now the days are getting longer and lighter. Even if you have a no shoes policy on your carpets – mud and dirt can easily be transferred from room-to-room and quickly become trodden down into your carpets, making it difficult to remove from your carpets by vacuuming alone. The Vax Platinum Power Max Carpet Cleaner cleans your carpets 5 times better than a high-performance vacuum cleaner^ to get your carpets back to their best.
On longer and warmer spring and summer days, leaving your windows open and letting the cool breeze in will help to dry your carpet quicker after cleaning. The Vax Platinum Power Max has a quick dry mode, leaving your carpets dry in as little as 1 hour*.
Allergens and bacteria
If you have been neglecting your carpets over the winter, allergens such as dust mites and pet dander might have taken up residence in your carpet1. Together with the Vax Platinum Professional solution, the Platinum Power Max can clean deep down and remove up to 93% of bacteria, leaving carpets looking clean and smelling fresh, giving allergy sufferers one less thing to worry about this spring!
If you have an allergy sufferer in your home, prepare for allergy season with the Vax Pure Air 300 Air Purifier. Remove up to 99% of potentially harmful airborne pollutants, allergens and bacteria from the air stream to reduce the effect of allergies and asthma.
How to clean your carpets
Need a refresher on how to get your carpets clean? Here is an easy step by step guide to using the Vax Platinum Power Max Carpet Cleaner.
- Clear the area you want to clean of any dirt and debris by having a quick vacuum around the area.
- Fill the clean water tank on your carpet cleaner with warm water and cleaning solution.
- Check your carpet for marks and stains that could benefit from pre-treatment, such as the Vax Pre-Treatment solution. Leave this on your carpet for 15 minutes then begin your full carpet wash.
- With the carpet cleaner switched on, slowly move forwards with it, holding down the trigger. Release the trigger and pull the carpet cleaner backwards over the spot you’ve just cleaned. Use more dry passes (pulling back with trigger released) than wet passes.
- Now that your carpet is clean and spring is in the air, open the windows and ventilate the room with fresh air to aid the drying process.
Looking for more information? Either consult your user guide or read our dedicated ‘How to clean your carpets’ blog.